That said, yes, there are essays, and portfolios and case studies; the end of term is in two weeks and there's only ever so much coffee.
And especially in busy times, it's sometimes hard to stay grounded. Or healthy.
And compared to my exam phase last year around that time, this little bit of essay writing that doesn't technically count towards my degree is like riding a pony. (On second thought though... Not like riding a pony. I wouldn't even know how to saddle a pony.)
And on top of all of that, last year I was also worrying about my unit application and how it would be processed and whether my English and my grades would be good enough to get in and... oh well, it was just not a nice time for my parents.
But today I was sitting on the tube and put my "2014" playlist on (yes, I have a playlist that I add favourite songs or meaningful songs of every month to) and I just thought... well, there' actually quite a few things I did this year that I can be proud of.
And because I'm a fan of lists, find one attached:
Things to be proud of 2k14
- Applying to uni all on my own (and getting in!)
- Starring in a student-directed play that we could present in an actual theatre
- Finishing school (although after having my results I really mustn't have worried as much as I did)
- Writing a couple of short stories that don't read to bad
- Getting my best friend to follow her heart. This was also probably the hardest thing I did all year.
- Giving a speech at my graduation ceremony and making people cry. (Well, the last part is not really something to be proud of, I admit that.)
- Realising that some things and people really matter - and other not at all